Forbes, SI Magazines in recent issues make light, even promote recreational pot legalization
In the July 18th issue of Sports Illustrated, the magazine does an extensive article on a retired NFL running back. In an eleven page article entitled: Ricky Williams takes the high road… SI even goes at length to defend and even promote the former NFL player’s devotion to pot. They even released a movie on the subject.
- “In one of the most heartwarming stories of his ministry”, Billy Graham meets a born-again Steve McQueen
- Obama’s claim of being a Christian lacks credibility
- Obama’s “We are the slaves that built the white house” comment divisive to many Americans
- Will Obama’s nuclear negotiations with Iran jeopardize American Security?
- Citizens launch the United Christian Forum for Human Rights.
- Christian Music Legend Andrae Crouch will be missed
- History Channel program glamorizes Playboy & its founder, Hugh Hefner
Christians must join politics to contribute to nation building: IndiaIsai Maha Sangh(IMS) organized its second Leadership Summit(LS) in Bhopal. It is the preparation for the forth coming 2013 Assembly Election in Madhya Pradesh. While speaking at the LS organized at Ravi Shankar Auditorium near Bitton Market in Bhopal, State President Sujit William said, “The Christians will have to join in politics to through it to extend its cooperation to build the nation in this decisive manner. The present scenario is clear that in the Hindi speaking regions Christian Socio-political leadership is very weak. We are making an effort to get more people with charismatic leadership emerge from the Christian community in this part of India.”
- Stakes High for Christians in India’s Elections
- A Week Out, Obama and Democrats Poised for Victory
Hero of South Africa Nelson Mandela dies at 95
Nelson Mandela, the iconic South African anti-apartheid icon who spent 27 years in prison, died Thursday. He was 95. Mandela was battling health issues in the last few months, including a recurring lung infection that led to numerous hospitalisations. Mandela's public appearances had become increasingly rare as he dealt with his declining health.
- Nun gangraped by her cousins in India
- The Conservatives have achieved a great deal, but not great things
SOFTBALL: Spring-Ford battles past Souderton, earns state berthFRANCONIA -- It seemed almost like a‘two against one’deal.
- BASEBALL: Pope John Paul II topples Lower Moreland
- SOFTBALL: Spring-Ford's offense gets back on track
Great white shark releasedThe female shark -- not quite a year old now -- was starting to act like a hunter in the huge display tank where she has lived 198 days with a number of smaller sharks, tuna and other fishes and turtles, aquarium scientists said.
- Picking up where Genesis left off
- Shuttle rolls to launch pad
HEALTH-SOUTH AFRICA: New HIV Vaccine Trials Raise HopesAfter two HIV vaccine trials were halted for safety reasons last year, a new trial is set to commence within the next few months in South Africa and the United States. Scientists will test a new vaccine formula produced in South Africa. It will be the first time a HIV vaccine manufactured in a developing country will be trialed in the developed world.
- Kidney Foundation of CT Unites with Churches to Reach African-American Masses
- Sisters Launch Gourmet Food Sister-Stores Focusing on Good Food and Good Health
Take notice, 'The Blob' is back: Blobfest takes over Phoenixville July 8-10The latest news from the www.montgomerynews.com website!The 17th annual Blobfest is preparing to ooze into Phoenixville on July 8 through July 10 to celebrate the 1958 cult classic film“The Blob.”Festivities will run all weekend long, with many different events and family-fun activities for all to enjoy.
- Early America still comes alive in Historic Philadelphia
- Welcome to Summerland: Sugar Ray rejoins the '90s nostalgia package tour
- MAP: Find a Fourth of July celebration near you
- Montco Radio host Jeff Allen offers listeners 'straight up' jazz
- Immersive 'Project Escape' in Plymouth makes you feel like a secret agent
- STAFF PICKS: 31 streaming TV dramas you can binge watch now
- After viewing the film Noah, pastor calls for boycott
Philly's trendy music sceneVisitors to Philadelphia looking for music might think of only two options: the world-class orchestra, or national tours performing in big stadiums. But it's the smaller clubs in between where they'll find dance parties, open-mic nights, songwriter showcases, even the rare concerts where hip kids don't mind if their parents tag along.
Website Dedicated to Kids Science Offering Scholarship to Students
SuperFunScience.com will be awarding at least $10,000 of college scholarships within the next 12 months. These merit based scholarships will be available for students enrolled in one of SuperFunScience.com's new science programs to be released on Tuesday November 11, 2008. Bring science home, and make it fun with SuperFunScience.com.
- New Jersey's Children 'Read for the Record' And Raise Awareness About Early Education Crisis
- New flexibility for No Child Left Behind
US missionary pilot missing off West Africa coastJOHANNESBURG -; The small plane carrying only its American pilot disappeared 10 days ago just miles from a refueling stop at a West African island in the middle of a tropical storm of thunder and ...
- NZ Christchurch synod votes for modern cathedral new diocesan map
- Christchurch diocese moves toward reducing size